Joint venture for TV outside broadcasts: LIVECAST and HD SAT Com join forces with TVN

The interior of a broadcast van.
The interior of a broadcast van.
Photo: DFL/Getty Images/Alexander Scheuber

17 November 2021 – The DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga subsidiary Sportcast GmbH and TVN GROUP (TVN), a member of MADSACK Media Group, have strengthened their cooperation by becoming the joint shareholders of TVN LIVE PRODUCTION. The new venture for TV outside broadcasts is the result of a cooperation between TVN MOBILE PRODUCTION and the Sportcast subsidiaries LIVECAST TV Produktion GmbH and HD SAT Communication GmbH

TVN LIVE PRODUCTION will focus on broadcasting Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 matches. It will also continue to deliver and expand its portfolio of high-quality productions in the areas of music, entertainment and other sports.

TVN will hold 65 percent of the shares in TVN LIVE PRODUCTION, with Sportcast GmbH holding the remaining 35 percent. The Operational Manager of the new company will be Markus Osthaus, Managing Director of the TVN GROUP. TVN GROUP CEO Frank Hähnel and Markus Bartsch, Commercial Manager at Sportcast GmbH, have also been appointed as managing directors.

HD SAT Communication GmbH specialises in the satellite and fibre transmission of live images. The core business of LIVECAST TV Produktion GmbH is audiovisual signals in the area of HD production. TVN MOBILE PRODUCTION is a premium provider of outside broadcasts. It realises sports and show events worldwide and has a broad range of outside broadcast vehicles. 

Josef Nehl, CEO of Sportcast GmbH, said: “This joint venture will allow us to strengthen our operating activities in line with our principles of quality, innovation and sustainability.”

TVN GROUP CEO Frank Hähnel adds: “I am delighted that we have been able to further reinforce our tried-and-tested cooperation. All of the parties involved will benefit from the fact that we ideally complement each other both technically and from a business perspective.” 

TVN LIVE PRODUCTION will be headquartered in Hanover, where TVN GROUP and MADSACK Media Group also have their head offices. The operational premises of LIVECAST TV Produktion GmbH and HD SAT Communication GmbH will remain in Flörsheim.

The joint venture is subject to approval by the Bundeskartellamt (German Federal Cartel Office).