The Bundesliga is one of the world’s most successful sports leagues being a social institution in Germany since 1963 with brand awareness levels of 99% and millions of enthusiastic fans all around the world.
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content in order to promote the Bundesliga brand internationally. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms. This includes production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms.
For our team in Cologne, Germany we are looking for a
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER CHINA (m/f/d)
Your highly-developed affinity for social media, viral marketing and growth hacking on platforms popular in the Chinese digital ecosystem, will give you an unparalleled opportunity to manage how Bundesliga is projecting itself in China and convert local parties into fans and addressable users.
Here’s what’s waiting for you on the pitch:
- Oversee the weekly / monthly / annual planning for Bundesliga on Sina Weibo, WeChat, Douyin and other digital channels according to the overarching Content & Channel Strategy for China
- Responsible for timely, accurate and quality publishing of social content according to the Bundesliga brand values
- Develop, and activate local market content activations around Chinese cultural moments Liaise with the Bundesliga International office in Beijing to ensure alignment and target achievement regarding content published to Bundesliga’s Chinese social platforms
- Act as the main content marketing point of contact for our broadcaster in China, PP Sports and cooperate with digital external agencies
- Share reporting on growth of Bundesliga social in China as well as KPI tracking and case study examples of best practice activity in the market
Here’s what should be in your sports bag:
- University degree, preferably in marketing with specialization in digital content marketing and/or digital communications
- 3-5 years’ experience working in sports marketing, e.g. clubs, associations, sponsors, agencies, marketers
- Experience in the design and distribution of B2C content for organizations with a great media footprint, preferably from the sports business
- Expertise and know-how regarding social media platforms
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (traditional and simplified)
- Experience in graphic design, video editing and digital collaboration tools such as Slack, Trello, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- A high level of responsibility and teamwork
As an ideal candidate you:
- Have a high motivation to achieve outstanding results
- Have a hands-on mentality and a love of developing your own ideas and putting them into practice
- Have a real appreciation of innovative ideas and tools pushing forward a first mover mentality
- Have the desire to be part of a team and continually develop its output
What we offer:
- A workplace in the Bundesliga environment
- Exciting and diverse tasks in a growing area
- The opportunity to work autonomously in a growing, international organization
- A modern office space and flexible working environment
- Company pension plans from the 1st day
- Relocation Service (optional)
- On-the-job and off-the job trainings (optional)
The position is initially based on a two-year fixed contract.
You want to be a part of our company?
Then please apply with your complete curriculum vitae, cover letter and stating the start date and your salary expectations exclusively by e-mail to:
The Human Resources Team of DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH