The Bundesliga is one of the world’s most successful sports leagues being a social institution in Germany since 1963 with brand awareness levels of 99% and millions of enthusiastic fans all around the world.
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content in order to promote the Bundesliga brand internationally. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms. This includes production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms.
For our team in Cologne, Germany we are looking for a
Senior Product Owner (m/f/d)
Here’s what’s waiting for you on the pitch:
- You lead our personalization initiative, develop personalization and recommendation components for the various B2C and B2B products of the Bundesliga, and validate the results with A/B testing frameworks.
- You develop the Bundesliga Next App further, especially regarding internationalization, acquisition of new users, partnerships with clubs or partners and other potential features for the young target group.
- You create POCs and MVPs of potential future digital services for partners & clubs such as widgets or APIs based on the feedback of our customers.
Here’s what should be in your sports bag:
- A degree, preferably in the field of IT, business/media informatics, media studies or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of digital products.
- Good understanding of the product development cycle and the product life cycle.
- Experience in agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) of digital products.
- First experience of developing personalization / recommenda-tion components and launch them in production.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Passion for sports, especially soccer.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Transparent communication and proactive approach to your colleagues and external service providers.
- Deep-seated understanding of how data and analysis can be read and used to steer decision-making.
You fit perfectly into the team if you:
- Are curious and forward thinking.
- Are creative in what you do.
- Have a high level of intrinsic motivation.
- Celebrate successes.
- Believe, as we do, that soccer brings people together.
- Are a team player who wants to be successful in a respectful and appreciative way.
What we offer:
- The freedom to create and make an impact.
- Value based leadership.
- An agile and dynamic environment.
- Exciting challenges every day.
- A modern goal setting framework with OKRs.
- Various benefits such as hybrid work models, corporate benefits, cooperation with gyms, etc.
- A strong corporate pension plan to secure your future.
- Multiple training and development opportunities.
The position is initially based on a two-year fixed contract.
You want to be a part of our company?
Then please apply with your complete curriculum vitae, cover letter and stating the start date and your salary expectation exclusively by e-mail to:
The Human Resources Team of DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH