Production of media content is the main role of DFL Digital Sports GmbH. With its headquarters in Cologne, DFL Digital Sports GmbH – a fully-owned subsidiary of DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH – creates media content on its behalf and implements its operational content output via various technologies. Production of content for international markets and in-house websites such as bundesliga.de also forms part of the work of this business unit.
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content in order to promote the Bundesliga brand internationally. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms. This includes production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms.
Product Owner API & Content Syndication (m/f/d)
We are looking to grow the product team further to develop the next generation of digital football content. As Product Owner API &Distribution you will be responsible for the syndication of our digital assets to our partners through various IP-based distribution channels. As a part of the wider Product and Technology team, you are committed to state-of-the-art digital products that fit to our partners needs and that help to accelerate Bundesliga coverage in the media in our international target markets.
Here’s what’s waiting for you on the pitch:
- You are responsible for the development of our content & data API for licensees and 3rd parties throughout their entire product lifecycle: product vision, development, introduction, functional release etc.
- Further development of our current B2B portal and management of our external service provider
- As a Product Owner, you plan the product road map, including the appropriate milestones, and lead an agile, cross-functional team of developers, UX designers and other stakeholders
- You have the pulse of the market, monitoring the latest trends and devising your own product development strategies accordingly
- In addition, you analyze existing data sources to gauge the right KPIs for measuring and improving our portfolio
- You communicate our product strategy and product development progress proactively to the entire organization
Here’s what should be in your sports bag:
- A university degree in business management, journalism, media studies, information systems or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years’ experience in the digital product domain, preferably for a large media, sports, publishing or production organization
- Sound knowledge of distribution platforms and first experience with API-centric projects
- A deep-seated understanding of how data and analysis can be read and used to inform decision-making
- An interest in researching, learning and implementing product development techniques
- The ability to put yourself in our customers shoes and map their needs in a meaningful way
- Excellent German and English language skills
As an ideal candidate you:
- Have a high motivation to achieve outstanding results
- Have a hands-on mentality and a love of developing your own ideas and putting them into practice
- Have a real appreciation of quantitative and qualitative data and enjoyment using it to inform decision-making
- Have the desire to be part of a team and continually develop its output
What we offer:
- A workplace in the Bundesliga environment
- Exciting and diverse tasks in a growing area
- The opportunity to work autonomously in a growing, international organization
- A modern office space
- Daily fruit basket, coffee, tea, water
- Company pension plans from the 1st day
- Relocation Service (optional)
- On-the-job and off-the job trainings (optional)
- Discounts on f.e. fitness club, banks
The position is initially based on a two-year fixed contract.
You want to be a part of our company?
Then please apply with your complete curriculum vitae, cover letter and stating the start date and your salary expectations exclusively by e-mail to:
The Human Resources Team of DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH