With revenues of EUR 3.81 billion (2017-18) and average attendances of more than 43,800 spectators per match, the Bundesliga is one of the world’s most successful sports leagues. It has been a social institution in Germany since 1963 with brand awareness levels of 99% and millions of enthusiastic fans all around the world.
Operating at the intersection of sports, society and business, the DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH is responsible for organising and marketing the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. For example, it schedules the matches and handles the licensing procedure, which enjoys recognition across Europe. Also, the 36 Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 clubs delegated the best possible marketing of media rights in the global market to the DFL, this being a crucial source of funding for German professional football.
You convince with strong communicating and presenting skills and you like to work analytically? Then we are looking for you, at the earliest possible date, in our Frankfurt office as an
Officer (m/f/d) International Affairs
• Expanding and cultivating the DFL’s existing networks to international associations, leagues and other stakeholders
• Coordination inside the DFL Group between departments, subsidiaries, and the DFL’s international offices
• Project management of international relations projects as well as taking part in other projects of the DFL Group (this includes also strategic and conceptual framework)
• Execution of research, benchmarks and economic analysis, including graphic presentation of the results
• Organisational tasks, concerning international relations
• Master’s degree in business administration, international management or sports management
• First relevant work experience and/or internships in a consulting firm, in project management, sports management or in the area of international relations
• Sound knowledge of German and international footballbusiness, as well as a good entrepreneurial understanding
• Very good MS Office knowledge
• First-rate English and German language skills, knowledge of other languages is highly appreciated
• Organising ability, proactive and structured method of working
Alongside enthusiasm for sport in general and football in particular, you should also demonstrate the following abilities:
• Strong communicating and presenting skills
• Team player with advanced personal skills, paired with assertiveness
• Hands on mentality, able to deliver at a consistent high level and willingness to travel
• Discretion and responsible handling of information
• Reliability and loyalty
What we offer:
• The opportunity to work in the very interesting international Bundesliga environment
• Working in a highly motivated, dynamic team
• Attractive company benefits
The position is initially based on a two-year fixed contract.
Please apply with your complete curriculum vitae and covering letter stating the possible start date and your salary expectation exclusively by e-mail to:
DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH
Human Resources – Recruiting
Closing date for your application is 30 November 2019.