Production of media content is the main role of DFL Digital Sports GmbH. With its headquarters in Cologne, DFL Digital Sports GmbH – a fullyowned subsidiary of DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH – creates media content on its behalf and implements its operational content output via various technologies. Production of content for international markets and in-house websites such as bundesliga.de also forms part of the work of this business unit.
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content in order to promote the Bundesliga brand internationally. Based in Cologne, DFL Digital Sports GmbH produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms. This includes production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms.
The Bundesliga’s Head of Online Channels will be one of the key content marketing roles, overseeing all B2C content published on the Bundesliga’s websites and in the official B2C channels.
Here’s what’s waiting for you on the pitch:
• Responsibility for all owned B2C channels of the Bundesliga (websites/app)
• Implementation of the existing content and channel strategy as well as its constant further development
• Responsibility as team lead, including specific contract management and budget coordination
• The key liaison for internal stakeholders and external suppliers within the Online Channels team
• Many exciting projects that you will conceptualise and execute successfully with your team
• Ensure expansion of other content opportunities and formats, e.g. structured data, content distribution via API and others
Here’s what should be in your sports bag:
• +3 years’ experience working in the digital/content marketing space, preferably with a large media or sports organization background
• An experienced strategist, able to conceptualise and execute B2C content in multiple languages
• An international outlook, able to oversee and deliver various forms of content output to a range of nations and age groups
• Profound knowledge in creating and distributing B2C content for organisations with a large-scale media presence
• Experience in project management and leading multi-national teams
• Very good SEM knowledge
• Very good MS Office knowledge
• First-rate English and German language skills, knowledge of others would be an asset
• Previous experience working with/within the sporting sector would be advantageous
• Deep understanding of how to use analytics to drive decision making
As an ideal candidate you:
• Have a high motivation to achieve outstanding results
• Have a hands-on mentality and a love of developing your own ideas and putting them into practice
• Have a real appreciation of quantitative and qualitative data and enjoyment in using it to inform decision-making
• Have the desire to be part of a team and continually develop its output
• Convincing presentation and communication skills along with an international mindset
What we offer:
• A workplace in the Bundesliga environment
• Exciting and diverse tasks in a growing area
• The opportunity to work autonomously in a growing, international organisation
• A modern office space
• Daily fruit basket, coffee, tea, water
• Company pension plans from the 1st day
• Relocation Service (optional)
• On-the-job and off-the job trainings (optional)
• Several perks, e.g. gym discounts, bank discount, travel allowance
The position is initially based on a two-year fixed contract.
You want to be a part of our company?
Then please apply with your complete curriculum vitae, cover letter and stating the start date and your salary expectations exclusively by e-mail to:
The Human Resources Team of DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH