The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content in order to promote the Bundesliga brand internationally. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms. This includes production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms.
We are looking to grow the development team further to develop the next generation of digital football content. You will form an integral part of the core development team running all our data and content related offerings. As a part of the wider Product and Technology team, you’ll have an interest in the overall user experience of our users through the products you build.
• Help develop the Bundesliga backend APIs that power all our digital products globally for web, mobile and partner platforms
• Iteratively measure and improve our pipeline for build, test and deployment as part of our DevOps approach
• Analyse use cases and help contribute to product requirements
• Further develop our cloud-native microservice-based software stack
• Work in a highly-motivated cross functional teams using agile methodologies
As the ideal candidate, you
• Are curious and willing to learn and grow as a developer
• Are quality-focused
• Communicate with you peers and other colleagues
• Take ownership of the products we build with regards to both development as well as operations
• Involve yourself in the development of our products
• University degree in computer sciences, training as an IT specialist or equivalent experience
• Active interest and previous experience with API-centric projects
• Very good knowledge of containerised Java development in a cloud environment
• Practical skills with Continuous Integration, Delivery, Deployment and of course unit testing
• Experience with monitoring software systems in terms of performance, uptime, load etc.
Our tech stack
• Java 8+, Spring, NodeJS
• AWS with services like EC2, ECR, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation
• IntelliJ Ultimate Pack
• Jenkins CI Server or AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
• Microservices defined using Swagger / OpenAPI
• Work in a diverse and multi-skilled team
• Receive training whenever desired and necessary
• Help form the future of digital football
All of this sound like you and you are the right fit for us? Maybe you are looking for a career change with everything we need in your kit bag?
Then apply for this role, sending all of your documentation, including your potential start date and salary expectations, by email only to: